Thursday, January 29, 2009

We made it!

Well, it was a VERY long trip yesterday, but we made it safely to Florida last night. We left our house at 5:30 yesterday morning because of the massive snowstorm. The drive to the airport was almost 2 hours (though I heard that Peeper's drive back was even worse). The plane was ready to leave on time, but we waited at the gate for more than a half hour for some people that were coming in on another plane. We finally took off about an hour late, but managed to make up some time on the way here & landed in Ft. Lauderdale about a half hour later than planned.

After a semi-quick lunch, we headed down the Keys, at which point I discovered that the car we're driving has no cruise control (that won't be fun for the 6 hour drive to Orlando on Monday), no washer fluid, and no working car charger outlet thingie (yeah, I know there's probably a more technical term). Jeremy & I stopped to pick up a few groceries for dinner & breakfast while my parents & the kids continued down to their condo. When we arrived around 6, the kids were already splashing in the pool despite the fact that we had their swimsuits in our car.

Well, we're almost settled in now & today is supposed to be very nice, so we're planning to go back out to the pool in a little while. I'm still not sure if I have capabilities to upload photos while I'm here, so no pics for now.

No comments: