Saturday, January 31, 2009

Relaxing in the Keys

I don't think I'll be able to upload any pics until I get home, but I thought I'd keep the blog up-to-date on our adventures & then just post a bunch of pics when we get home (though I may not have time to update once we're at Disney).

The kids hit the pool early on Thursday morning & we basically had to drag them out for a break mid-morning. Sam is a "mermaid" and is so proud that she can swim "on herself." It's a big change from last year when it took her 4 days to begin to release her death grip on us. Jacob's not as sure, but once he gets in he does have fun as long as no one splashes him.

Around lunchtime on Thursday, Jacob started to get ultra fussy & pull on his ears a lot, so we decided that we were going to have to find a doctor that he could see down here. Luckily, we found one who would take walk-ins, but we were too late, so we headed down there on Friday morning. The doctor was fantastic & Jacob does indeed have an ear infection (no big surprise with our kids). We got him some antiobiotic & I'm hoping he'll be feeling much better by tomorrow.

Today, Jeremy & I took Sam out for an "adventure" since Jacob got a day out by himself yesterday. It was cool out (at least for the Keys -- 50ish when we left & a high of 65), so we headed down to Key West. The best news of the day is that the guy at the Hertz guy in Key West let us turn in our car for a much nicer one with cruise control, so I don't have to suffer on the drive up to Orlando! We also had lunch at Margaritaville before playing a round of putt putt. Sam had 2 holes in one -- and only had an assist on one of them! She also had a blast, so we'll definitely have to do that again!

Tomorrow is our last day in the Keys, then we'll drive to Disney World on Monday. It sounds like the weather is going to be pretty cold -- lows in the 30s & highs in the high 50s. Hopefully we'll survive without getting too cold.

No comments: