Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Couple Days Off


So I decided that I was done fighting with Blogger! I have tons and tons of pictures of the last couple days I got to spend with the kids & since I finally managed to get it to upload one photo, I just made a collage of everything. If you click on it, you'll see a bigger version. And if we're friends on Facebook, you can catch a bunch more pics there

Anyhow, I took a couple days off to spend with the kids and get a "mental health break" from work. This also reminded me why I am not a stay at home mom! I love my kids, but I just do not have the patience or imagination to keep them occupied all day every day. I think we're all much happier with me as a working mom. That said, here are some of our adventures over the last few days.

Thursday we woke up to an absolutely beautiful day, so we decided to go to the big playground at the elementary school, with a quick stop at WalMart to pick our some birthday presents & sunglasses for Jacob. We also went and picked up my niece to add to the fun. The kids had a blast running all over the playground and playing "pirates." The main point of this game was to capture someone & tie them up, then go back to save them. We all were captured at least once (including me). After playtime, we grabbed some McDonald's & came home so Jacob could take a nap. While he was asleep, the girls got to talk to their cousin in Hawaii (who was just finishing breakfast - they thought that was so funny!). It was quite funny to watch the 3 of them talking. The girls just loved it!

On Friday, we coaxed Papa to take a long lunch break & play with us. We headed down to Geneva on the Lake, where the kids got to ride a merry go round, play some putt putt, and eat hot dogs at Eddie's Grill. It was so fun to watch them just having a complete blast the whole time! Samantha is actually starting to golf "the right way." She was obsessed with keeping the right grip throughout the course. We got some ice cream, which was a complete mess. But the kids loved every minute of it & it kept them awake long enough to take a GOOD nap at home afterward.

I still have my normal weekend to go, but I sure did have fun with them the last few days. And I am definitely going to be ready to head back to work on Monday! :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: