So last week the kids and I took a trip to Chicago with my parents. It started with my Dad needing to head there for a trade show, then my mom decided to tag along, then us. We got lucky and had kids who were excellent travelers on the nearly 8-hour trip (both ways!).
Pretty much as soon as we got there, we took a trip to the American Girl store
to stretch our legs. Surprisingly, it wasn't quite what I expected, though if Sam would've been old enough to do the full thing (eating at the cafe, etc.) it may have been more fun. All that aside, she got her first Samantha doll & loves it. Though for some reason she decided the doll needed a middle name - Emily - and she calls her that instead.
The things that they've built with Legos are just unbelievable. And the kids had a blast playing with all their test Legos. I think Legos are now his favorite toy. :)
I'll try to pop in tomorrow with the details of our 3rd day in Chicago - a trip to Navy Pier.
No comments:
Post a Comment